Warranty Terms & Conditions
EPSON HONG KONG LIMITED (hereinafter called “EPSON”) provides a period of One to Three years (depending on the product type) warranty for EPSON product (hereinafter called “Service”), commencing the date of purchase as stated on the Invoice based on the terms and conditions set forth hereunder:
1. By successfully registering EPSON product, customer will be entitled to the warranty, provided that the original proof of purchase document must be presented upon the request of EPSON, when Service is required. Such proof of purchase document must be an original receipt / invoice, containing 1) the name of the dealer, 2) the name of the product model and 3) the serial number of the product. The Service does not apply to parallel imported products or products not purchased from EPSON or its authorized dealers in Hong Kong or Macau.
2. The product, subject to the warranty period and normal use, will be entitled to free carry-in hardware repair service (free on-site hardware repair service will only be provided for selective models) , and free replacements of parts, excluding power cables, signal cables, battery, consumable items, lost parts and those are over the lifetime.
3. The warranty is valid in Hong Kong SAR only; onsite hardware repair service areas include Hong Kong Island, Kowloon, or locations that can be accessed by MTR.
4. For Onsite hardware repair service in locations that are not listed in item 3, such as outlying islands (except Tung Chung & the Hong Kong Disneyland in Lantau) and locations that cannot be accessed by MTR, HK$200 additional fee will be charged to customer for each visit. If those products which requires workshop repair, or locates at restricted areas, Lo Wu, construction sites and boats areas, customer shall be responsible, at his/her own costs, for the delivery of such product (1) to our Service Centre, or (2) to and from the locations as listed in item 3 for us to render the Service.
5. The warranty does not cover:
i. Periodical checking and replacing consumable items. ii. Installation, dismantling, to transport, to disposal, removal or reinstate of any fittings and facilities which impede for repair service, iii. Cleaning, dirt removal, disinsection, cleaning service. iv. Replace, repair or recondition on the cabinet, chassis, panel, power cable, knob, external signaling system, remote controller, batteries, other accessories and exterior equipment of the product.
6. EPSON has no obligation of resolving any problems caused by computer virus and software or hardware connection errors.
7. The warranty will automatically be deemed to be void if;
i. Any correction work or repair for the product by reasons of not following the instruction in the installation or operation manual. ii. The product has been explicitly or implicitly modified, tampered with, altered or repaired in any way by anybody other than qualified technical people of EPSON. iii. The product has been damaged due to misuse, abuse, negligence, physical damage, abnormal voltage supply/power interruption, accident, fire, flood, insect, natural calamities or other events beyond EPSON control. iv. Non-genuine EPSON consumable items such as ink cartridge, photoconductor unit, toner cartridge, lamp unit or media such as; paper, transparency, label are used with the product. v. The serial number sticker in the product has been modified or tear off. vi. damage(s) was caused by force majeure;
8. Any defected parts, which have been replaced, shall become EPSON’s property.
9. For the products with onsite hardware repair service, customer should inform EPSON immediately in case of any changes in his/her address.
10. For projectors, the warranty does not cover the weakness in brightness, depreciation of the optical engine of projectors, decline of image quality and less than or equal to 3 defective pixels in standard warranty period, thus EPSON will charge for any replacement of that optical engine. EPSON provides 500 hours or 3 months warranty (whichever comes first) to its build in lamp unit and replacement lamp unit if the product without abnormal shutdown.
11. If the location where the products installed at or be surrounded is impeded (eg: ceiling, wall or those are secured by security system) and as a result, EPSON cannot conduct inspection or repair service under a safe condition, customer should dismantle and restore the product to the place at his/her own costs, otherwise, EPSON shall have the right not to perform the Service.
12. If products are equipped with LCD has 3 or more defective pixels, it will be deemed as defective by EPSON and is replaceable upon request within the warranty period. However, the display must be under normal use and without any physical damage.
13. EPSON shall not be responsible or liable for any loss, damage, liability, including but not limited to any loss of or damage to data or software caused by any act, omission or negligence of any EPSON’s technician, employee or independent contractor or any circumstances that are beyond EPSON’s reasonable control, including but not limited to any events of force majeure. In any event, the maximum liability of EPSON under a single purchase/rental shall be limited to the total amount EPSON received from the customer under such purchase/rental.
14. In the event of any uncertainty or dispute, EPSON has the sole and final decision and discretion of interpretation of the warranty terms and conditions hereunder.
15. EPSON reserves the right to unilaterally change the warranty terms and conditions from time to time without notice.
16. Customer agrees and acknowledges that all personal information and documentation provided to EPSON will only be used and retained by EPSON for the purposes of performing repair service and enforcing the terms and conditions hereunder. Customer acknowledges that all its personal information and documentation provided to EPSON are accurate and it is allowed to make corrections via EPSON’s Customer Hotline if any such personal information and documentation is no longer accurate.
For details and the latest version of the warranty terms and conditions, please call EPSON Customer Hotline at 2827-8911 or visit our website (http://www.epson.com.hk/w_terms).
In case of discrepancy between the English and Chinese version of these warranty terms and conditions, the English version shall prevail.